Bike, Wine and Dine in Gibbston Valley
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Queenstown, Otago
- Product code: OWTGVQT
- 10:45am – Arrive at the specified bike shop
- Get fitted and sized for your bike and helmet
- 11am – depart from shop for a 30 minute scenic drive to the Gibbston wine Region. Your driver will give you a briefing in the van about in the cycling safety, import facts to know along the ride, bikers etiquette, and the must see stops along the way!
- 11:30am – dropped off in Arrowtown to start your biking winery adventure! Feel free to sight see or grab a coffee or cake before you wine journey begins
- 1:00pm – You'll be booked onto the Gibbston Valley Wine Cave Tour + tasting (if you miss the 1pm tour, they'll fit you on the 2:00pm)
- 2-5pm – Make your way along the trails, stopping at different wineries then stop at the Gibbston Tavern for your Wood Fire Pizza lunch. There is no specific time for arrival, they'll toss it in the oven for you once you get there! Beside the Tavern you've got 7 wine tasting at the Rockburn cellar door.
- 6:15pm The driver will collect you at the Kinross Winery and Cellar Door – unless you haven’t made it that far and the driver will pick you up at your desired location. A phone call must be made to the drive to give advance notice that you are not at Kinross (0800 BIKE TAXI | 0800 2453 8294)
It is very difficult to bike with purchased wine bottles – our solution is buy the wine, leave it at the winery, and we’ll collect them on route back to Queenstown!